One of Silicon Valley’s most successful public accounting firms, Wheeler Accountants LLP is looking for a highly motivated and ambitious candidate to join our growing team of professionals. For the past four years Wheeler was rated one of Accounting Today magazine’s Best Accounting Firms to Work for. Wheeler offers a challenging and intellectually stimulating career in public accounting with the opportunity for direct client contact and mentorship from managers and partners.
The ideal candidate should possess:
• 4-5 years experience preparing individual, corporate, partnership and trust income tax returns.
• An ability to manage current engagements and provide detailed technical review of staff work papers
• Experience juggling multiple complex engagements and providing timely deliverables
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
• Strong tax research skills
• Working knowledge of QuickBooks. Experience with other accounting software a plus. Bookkeeping experience including Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll and Sales Tax.
• Qualities indicative of being a client’s “trusted advisor”. A combination of knowledge and practical experience with a wide array of financial matters that affect our clients and the ability to advise them on these issues.
• Drive to succeed
• Desire for a career in public accounting
• CPA License, EA or passing grades on all four parts of the CPA Exam.
• Undergraduate degree in Accounting or equivalent, Masters in Taxation is a plus
• Ideally 2-5 years experience or equivalent in tax preparation & review.
• Excellent proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
• Competitive salary with bonus
• Medical and Flex spending benefits
• 401(k) with employer match
• The track to partner for the right candidate
• Remote work is available.
Please e-mail resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org